Prior to the 19th century, a commonly held belief was that communicable diseases spread through the air via an ill-defined substance called miasma, which originated from the rotting of diseased […]
Tagged: communicable disease
Top Posts of the Week
- Free Birth Control Creates Dramatic Decrease in Abortion and Unplanned Pregnancy
- World Protests: Can You Hear Me Now?
- Hey Cat-Lovers, You Have a Mind-Controlling Parasite
- Amazon Rainforest Holds Many Surprises
- Polar Bears are all Descended from a Single Bear: The Genghis Khan of Bears
- Beans, Cool! What Makes Beans so Great?
- Canadian Glow in the Dark Dinosaurs
- Suicide Understood: Test Detects if You are Suicidal With 97% Accuracy
- China Launches Moon Rover: Space Age Continues and Why You Should Care
- Ancient Human DNA Found: Old World Similar to Lord of the Rings
- Nanoparticles Double Injury Survival Rate
- Rosetta Stone’s Possible False Claim
- Remote Control Cockroaches
- A How To: Behavior Changes and Breaking Habits
- 3D? Lets go One More! 4D!
- Amsterdam’s Interesting Housing Solution
- Speaking to Babies in ‘Parentese’ Yields Surprising Results
- Eat Your Yard: Grow an Edible Landscape at Home
- Menstrual Cups: The Sustainable Period
- Precocious Puberty: A Growing Issue for Young Girls
- Epigenetics: The Key to Overcoming Genetic Predisposition
- UVB-76, The Most Mysterious Radio Station on the Planet
- The Profound Intelligence and Intuition of Elephants
- Smoking Pot Without Getting High: But Why?
- How Sleep Aids the Body in Growth and Regeneration
- The Issus Bug’s “Mechanical” Gears
- Kim Jong-il’s Personal Chef Recounts Life in the Hermit Kingdom
- Fear Mongering: The Media on the Government Shutdown
- Stay Away From Antibacterial Soap!
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Diabetes