Everyday, biologists are realizing with greater clarity that we are not the only self-aware and/or highly intelligent species on the planet. Many animals even score drastically higher on tests dealing […]
Tagged: elephants standing vigil
Top Posts of the Week
- Polar Bears are all Descended from a Single Bear: The Genghis Khan of Bears
- Free Internet, Help Yourself
- Bacteria Consumes 200,000 tons of Oil Spill
- Brazililian Streets Talk to Tourists With QR Codes
- Politicians Go Pop: The Rise of Pop Politics
- More Money More Problems? A Look at Global Debt
- Engineering the Perfect Morning in 8 Easy Steps
- For Cure, Administer Two Times Daily – How Effective Is Our Medicine?
- An End to the Electoral College
- Contour Crafting 3D Prints 2500 Square Foot Home in 20 Hours
- Ever Heard of Microcrediting?
- The Greatest Medical Discovery of Our Time: Starve Cancer by Eating
- Your Old Android Phone Can Save the Rainforest
- Soft Robots Grip Things Gently
- Invisible Bike Helmet
- Don’t Fear Anti-GM Hysteria (Nor the Reaper)!
- No Breathing Required: Live Without Breathing
- Internment Camps, Ansel Adams Snaps and Fleeting Liberties
- Life, It’s All Over the Place
- AIG Considers Suing America for More Money
- Ask an Astrobiologist: Global Warming, and What to Expect
- Cancer Cells Avoid Chemotherapy
- An Argument Against the Critics of Cannabis Use (Part 2)
- Epigenetics: The Key to Overcoming Genetic Predisposition
- A Group of Prominent Scientists Agree; Animals are just as Conscious as Us
- Fridge Free Food: Kick Your Obsessive Storage Habit & Keep Food Fresher Too
- Electronic Cigarette Controversy: Safe to Inhale?
- Women Who Give Birth to Men Have Male DNA in Brain for Life
- NOT Another 9-11 Article (rolls eyes*)
- Wood Pulp is Changing the World