Prior to the 19th century, a commonly held belief was that communicable diseases spread through the air via an ill-defined substance called miasma, which originated from the rotting of diseased […]
Top Posts of the Week
- Make a Permaculture Connection
- Did You Know That Certain Plants Do Division?
- 3D? Lets go One More! 4D!
- Soft Robots Grip Things Gently
- Pooping Dogs Perceive Earth’s Magnetic Field
- Huge Rise in Skin Cancer Among Young Women
- Speaking to Babies in ‘Parentese’ Yields Surprising Results
- Open Access Journals
- Read for Pleasure to Significantly Boost Intelligence
- Science Says “Smart People Are Idiots”
- The Benefits of Barefoot Running and Hiking
- Meet the Needle Beam; No More Signal Loss
- Power Posing Can Change Your World
- Watson, The Most Powerful Artificial Intelligence Goes Public
- No More Red: Charge Your Phone Battery With Wi-Fi
- Blimps are the Future!
- Voyager 1: The Final Frontier?
- Black Seed: From King Tut to Now
- Erase Memories, Because… “Why Not?”
- Money, Designed to Fail: In The Federal Reserve’s Grip
- Nanoparticles Double Injury Survival Rate
- Dentistry: A Feared Profession, One of World’s Oldest
- A Planet Covered In Diamonds
- The Power of Wind Farms
- What Your Poo is Trying to Tell You
- The Most Dangerous Animal, and How We Can Defeat it
- Check If You Are Burning Fat on Your Phone
- Cyborg Lobsters Power a Digital Watch
- The TSA’s Totalitarian Reign
- Sweden is Running Out of Trash