A private prison in Arizona recently sued the state for having a lack of prisoners. For the sake of saving over $16 million in back pay, the state settled by paying […]
Tagged: prison cost taxpayers
Top Posts of the Week
- Sensitive Plant Can Move, Learn and Remember
- Sign Me Up For Mars!
- Hide Your Pr0n, It’s Time For Large-Scale BitTorrent Monitoring
- Shaolin Monks Train Harder Than You
- Federal Judge Urges Legalization of Marijuana
- Introducing Transparent Soil
- Eat Nuts For a Longer Life
- NASA’s Planned Mission to an Asteroid
- Your First Real Heartbreak, Can it be Fatal?
- Space Dust Brings Water and Organics to Planets Simultaneously
- Let’s Capture US an Asteroid!
- Food Myth: Don’t Eat After a Certain Time
- Science Says “Smart People Are Idiots”
- Life, It’s All Over the Place
- Precocious Puberty: A Growing Issue for Young Girls
- The Profound Intelligence and Intuition of Elephants
- A Tick is Turning People into Vegetarians for Life
- Erase Memories, Because… “Why Not?”
- Suicide the Leading Cause of Injury Mortality in the United States
- The TSA’s Totalitarian Reign
- DNA Origami: The Art of Folding DNA
- Public School Failure in America
- Stay Away From Antibacterial Soap!
- The Road Rage is Strong With This One
- Google’s Self Driving Car Initiative
- Green Tea Power: Surprising Health Benefits
- WWOOF and HelpX: Seeing the World One Farm at a Time
- Robotic Sense and Feel
- Cute Baby Animal Pictures Increase Productivity
- Put That Music You Hate On Repeat